As we go through our normal day-to-day living, stress and tension can accumulate in the body, blocking our very own natural energy. Pain, stiffness and imbalance can be the result if not addressed. The goal during massage and bodywork is to locate the blockages, assist in their release and create the space where one’s own natural energy can flow freely once again. This is the essence of good health.
Awareness is growing about the need to take care of ourselves in our fast-paced world. Massage and bodywork continue to supply comfortable, pleasant and affordable ways to maintain optimal energy flow. And for those who need assistance with health concerns, massage offers safe, noninvasive techniques to assist the body back to a higher balance.
Additional benefits of regular massage
- Heightens the experience of self-awareness.
- Enhances feelings of self-worth.
- Restores the nervous system to normal physiological functioning.
- Promotes relaxation and rejuvenation through the autonomic nervous system’s relaxation response.
- Brings awareness of the effects of emotions and attitudes on the posture; re-aligns habitual postural patterns.
- Before or after exercise, reduces or prevents muscles from tightening and becoming sore.
- Assists the lengthening of tissues.
- Increases the range of motion.
- Increases venous return – circulation.
- Increases lymph flow.
- Releases metabolic wastes and toxins from tissues.
- Improves the elimination function of the skin.
- Increases the ability to be in the moment, keeping the mind focused, thus integrating body/mind.
- Strengthens the immune system.
Healing Arts Massage and Bodywork Treatments
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy
Inspired by Eastern massage techniques, Ashi (“Ashi” = foot, “atsu” = pressure) is an effective treatment for chronic back pain recognized by the American Massage Therapy Association. The technique is performed on a table with lotion, the client is fully draped. The therapist supports herself using wooden bars suspended above the table and applies light, moderate or deep foot pressure. Long, flowing strokes as well as accupressure are applied to create a deeply relaxing and healing experience. This modality lends itself to being a “fully clothed” option as well. Accupressure is applied through loose, comfortable clothing.
A form of lotion massage using light to medium pressure in slow, gentle strokes for stress relief. This will rhythmically lull your body into a state of complete relaxation.
A lotion massage technique utilizing deeper pressure to reach the underlying tissues. Includes extensive trigger point work.
A gentle side-lying massage using pillows to support the body for relaxation and comfort during pregnancy.
A mix of energy medicine techniques designed to foster wellness for body, mind and spirit. Often combined with a gentle massage to enhance the experience.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. A gentle yet effective set of techniques to address scar tissue and fascial restrictions, eliminate pain, restore rotation of movement and accelerate recovery.
A customized treatment comprised of various modalities to assist you to reach your wellness goals.
I enjoy building long-lasting therapeutic relationships with my clients and would be honored to have the opportunity to build one with you. Take some time out to relax and take care of yourself. You deserve it!
Bobbi Summers, LMT